How to Run an Instagram Giveaway step-by-step
Hey guys! 👋
Have you ever wondered how to run an Instagram giveaway? ✨💫😊 If you want to know Instagram’s guidelines or you’re just looking for some ideas, this step-by-step guide is perfect for you. 😊
1) Choose an objective
Define a purpose of your giveaway. Whether you're looking to grow your brand presence on Instagram or build out your list of followers, it's important that you set a specific goal.
2.) Define a prize and a timeframe
Establish a time frame (the beginning and the end of the giveaway) and a prize for your contest. Don't forget to include this info in the giveaway description.
3) Think of an entry method
Establish guidelines for entering the contest. Here are some ideas for how your audience might enter:
- Have your audience post a photo or a video to Instagram with a specific hashtag and a specific theme. Make sure you chose a # specific for your giveaway, which will be the connection between the contest and the content being generated.
- Have your audience follow you.
- Have your audience Like or comment on one of your posts.
4) Decide how a winner will be chosen
Don't forget to include info on how the winner will be chosen.Most contests are determined based on one of three ways:
A vote - example: participant compete for the most Likes
A jury - a jury picks the winner
A random pick - you randomly choose a winner from the participants
5) Create terms & conditions
You should include:
- The specific of the prize
- The name and contact details of your brand
- The rules of who can enter
- The guidelines for how people enter
- The guidelines for how a winner is chosen
- The date and way winners will be announced and informed
- The time period the winner has to respond and claim their prize
- The details of how the prize will be delivered
- Acknowledgment that the promotion isn’t sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- The dates
6) Make sure they meet IG's guidelines, which are:
If you use Instagram to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:
- The official rules;
- Offer terms and eligibility requirements ;
- Compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion and all prizes offered.
You must not inaccurately tag content or encourage users to inaccurately tag content (example: don’t encourage people to tag themselves in photos if they aren’t in the photo).
Promotions on Instagram must include the following: A complete release of Instagram by each entrant or participant. Acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
We will not assist you in the administration of your promotion and cannot advise you on whether consent is required for use of user content or on how to obtain any necessary consent.
You agree that if you use our service to administer your promotion, you do so at your own risk.